Why apply for Career Counselling?
Career development is an integral part of workforce transformation. It is the process of managing one’s life and work. Our mission to create a trained and certified workforce operating at the highest standards cannot be realized until that workforce sees career development as a personal and professional priority.
At the HEART Trust/NTA we offer you a wide range of career development services they include:
- Career interest assessments
- Resume writing
- Job research strategies
- Psychometric testing
- Career guidance
- Referral Services
- Special projects like ‘Steps to Work’ programme for PATH beneficiaries
- Career talks and seminars
- Fairs and expositions
- Lessons in interviewing techniques.
Think you don’t need Career Development Services?
Not true! All members of society can benefit from career development. It’s everybody’s business.
- Children learn about different job opportunities and develop interests that may eventually influence their career path. It is therefore important to expose them to a diverse array of job opportunities.
- Teenagers- Select an academic or training path that lead them to their career goals, they participate in schooling, part time work and family activities, hobbies.
- Adults- work at home in paid employment and as volunteers. They may change jobs several times and experience periods of unemployment, over employment and under employment.
- Retirees - Often have the financial resources needed to travel, study or start a business .Many are very active in their daily life.
For more information and/or to access our career counselling services, you may contact the Employment and Career Services office via the information below:
Employment & Career Services
7 Ripon Road, Kingston 5
Contact #: 876-968-4441, 876-968-4419